Parochial School - an inclusive, inspirational school,
preparing for the future;
living, learning and growing together in God.
At Parochial CE Primary School we introduced the 'What if...learning' approach to teach PSHE themes through the Christian values of love, hope, respect and tolerance.
We constantly strive to challenge our pupils to think globally, understand and appreciate themselves as individuals,
find their place in the community and reassess their attitudes towards each other. Our topics are exciting and well received by the pupils and teachers alike.
Look at some of the photographs of our work and the units themselves.
Autumn 1 What if theme: What if we needed to change the rules all the time?
What if topics 2020-2021
- What if we needed to change the rules all the time? (Autumn 1) – Topics to cover rules, relationships and safety - R1, R2 and R5
- What if online relationships replaced face-to-face relationships? (Autumn 2) - Topics to cover internet safety and harm, respectful relationships - R3, R4, and H2
- What if my mind was as healthy as my body? (Spring 1) – Topics to cover mental wellbeing - H1
- What if I could see into my future? (Spring 2) – Topics to cover healthy eating, substance misuse, exercise - H3, H4, H5 and H6
- What if failure was not an option? (Summer 1) – Careers Education (resilience, aspirations) + Mental Health and Wellbeing cont.
- What if money grew on trees? (Summer 2) – Living in the Wider World - Economic wellbeing and financial capability
Themed weeks: Friendship Week (Anti-bullying), Healthy Schools Week (Drugs, Alcohol and Tobacco Education)